Monday, May 10, 2010

Childhood Calling


There is a child in everyone .... that's my strong belief. No matter where we are and what we are doing today, the memories of childhood are always nostalgic and are sure to bring smiles to everybody.
I was reading one news article sometime back where people were complaining about power cuts in major cities in India. May be the ones living in villages have got used to it !! For a moment I too started criticizing the government for not doing anything about it ...... but the very next moment when I went down my memory lanes, I remembered how much I used to wait
power cuts during the evening hours as a child and how much I loved the darkness. The reason being obvious - a break from studies.
These power cuts were mostly in the summer time and had scheduled hours. I used to stare at the clock several times waiting for the perfect second when it would get dark. Then all the children in the colony would come out from their houses like rats running in the dark. They would mostly play hide and seek running around the dark trees on a perfect moon lit night. The older girls would gather around the corner gossiping about who was the dumbest teacher in school to beauty tips for pimples and great looking skin and hair. The women would start cribbing about how their kids and husbands never cared to listen to them. And some men would talk about politics, price rise and sports.
These dark hours were a time I believe everyone waited. At least I did !
But like all good things that come to an end ...... this magic hour would get over and I had to drag my feet back home to my study table.

8 comments:

Anju Rathore said...

The article is really amazing and it pushed me back in my childhood memories and i find the similiar scenes in my playback. Gud keep writing such sweet n nice articles for the healthy food for mind :-)

Raj said...

Wow.... Nice article.... I dont know that you can write like this.... You have good poetic scence....
Rajani

Satrupa said...

Thanks a lot for the encouragement ..... It means a lot :)
Hope to come up with more such articles in future

Unknown said...

sibani ye ta ama kahani
na kan????????????

real story

Unknown said...

Amazing Mom.....Mast article..

Unknown said...

Amazing Mom.....Mast article..

Unknown said...

Amazing Mom.....Mast article..

Unknown said...

Amazing Mom.....Mast article..

Post a Comment