Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Broccoli Fritters


Kids always dream of quickly growing up to become adults for reasons more than one. I too felt so when I was a kid - I hated eating anything green !! But now when I am an adult I not only buy my own but decide to eat it as well. And that's the irony !!
Usually I eat broccoli in salads. I decided to experiment making fritters with it ....... surprisingly it came out great. I can eat my veggies now and I love them !
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Serves - 4
Ingredients
Broccoli - 1 medium size (1/2 pound)
Gram Flour - 1 cup
Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Method of Preparation
1 Chop the florets of the Broccoli to medium size pieces. Wash and keep aside
2 In a mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients (gram flour + Cumin Powder + Coriander Powder + Red Chili Powder + Ginger Garlic paste + Salt). Slowly pour water to make a thick batter.
3 Heat oil on medium heat.
4 Dip the florets of Broccoli to coat them with this batter and deep fry till cooked.
5 Remove and keep on a paper towel for excess oil to get soaked.
Serving Tips
Sprinkle Chat Masala on it and serve hot with Tomato Ketchup
Notes
Make sure the batter is thick in consistency. Else it will be difficult to coat the florets.
Other Names
Gram Flour - Besan,Coriander Powder - Dhania Powder,Cumin Powder - Jeera Powder.



0 comments:

Post a Comment