Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Jell - O ...... with a twist !!


Hello Everyone .... it's almost mid week, just 2 days away from weekend ! Isn't that good news...
I am pretty excited about this weekend. I have a pool party coming up exclusively with some lovely ladies ..... oops girls ! They like being called girls better ;-). Well I agree ...... we are only as old as we think to be !!
Arshi my friend's daughter just turned one,so there is another reason to celebrate. Yah you guessed it right..... there is a birthday party on the cards too. Nothing can get better than eating good food (especially when you don't cook it) and spending time with friends.

Well that is the reason why I already started thinking about the weekend on a Wednesday !!
So if you still haven't planned your weekend ...... go ahead right away. Summer is ticking away my friends.
And summer reminded me of this cool delight that has been sitting in my draft for a while .... It is so easy that I ignored posting it. But trust me it is a sure shot way to awww your guests with zero effort. Or simply keep some in your fridge for those moments of craving !!
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Freezing time - 1 hour
Serves - 5
Ingredients
Sugar Free Jell - O - 2 packets
Vanilla Ice cream - few scoops
Chopped Fresh Fruits to Garnish
Method of Preparation
1 I used two packets of sugar free Jell - O (strawberry flavor) for this preparation.You may use your choice of brand and your favorite flavor.
I followed the instruction on the cover to set the Jelly.
Boil 2 cups water and stir in the Jell - O mix (two packets) till completely dissolved . Stir in one cup cold water. (I used 1 cup cold water instead of 2 for more consistency and sweetness. You may also use Seltzer/Soda water instead of water.
2 Pour the mixture into small glasses.
3 Put it into your refrigerator and let it freeze.
Serving Tips
Remove from fridge just before serving. Add few scoops of vanilla ice-cream on top. Garnish with your choice of fruits.





















17 comments:

Umm Mymoonah said...

Wow! That must be delicious with the jelly, ice cream and fruits.
Have a nice weekend:-)

Mrs.Mano Saminathan said...

Looks simple but delicious!Nice photograph!

aipi said...

looks so refreshing.. nice combo n beautiful color..

Sulagna said...

Awesome !!

Srividhya Ravikumar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Srividhya Ravikumar said...

looks awesome... first time here and lovely site... happy to follow u...

Prema said...

Wow ! nice jelly icecream,luks delicious.Nice Photography.

Priya Suresh said...

Elegant and pretty jellos...looks awesome..

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Even I have a get together party this Sat...And after seeing your beautiful jelly- ice-cream combination I have decided to serve them this yummy dessert. thanks for sharing :-)
Following you so that I don't miss yummy recipes like this...

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Lav said...

Hey simple and quick one....definelty a summer retreat !!! Shal try soon

Lavanya

www.lavsblog.com

Nithu Bala said...

OMG..what a delicious and colorful one..very beautiful click..happy to have found your space..following you..
drop at my blog when you get time..
www.nithubala.com

Latha said...

Gorgeous looking jello!

Suja Manoj said...

OMG looks so refreshing..lovely and colorful.

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Great combo, looks great and beautiful pic too....

Parita said...

I love all girl's party :D
Jell-O looks yumm..simple and yummy

Satrupa said...

Thanks everyone !! Luv and best wishes to everyone who admired this simple recipe :)

Cheers n Happy Cooking,
Satrupa

nandini said...

Perfect combination ... My twins will swoon over this !!

Post a Comment