Monday, August 16, 2010

Go Green with Palak Puri

My gang of 'girls' here is a foodie ....... precisely all of them are extremely good cooks. I always wanted to take a sneak peak of their kitchen and get some of their secret recipes (not so secret any more). Unlike me all of them are busy moms and getting their time was mission impossible for me. But I am not the person who would give up so quickly ........ and for great food, I can go an extra mile. I had been nagging for some of their special recipes and it worked. They all have been generous enough to share these lick smacking food recipes with me.
Palak Puri is from Neetu's Kitchen. A mother of two lovely daughters,a loving wife and a great friend, she loves to cook for her family and friends ( not sure about the friends part any more after her encounter with me ......lol). I had nagged her so much for this recipe that finally she invited me over lunch. I was lucky enough to see her prepare it although I was much more interested in the eating part.Apart from cooking, she loves listening to music.
Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Serves - 6
Ingredients
Wheat Flour - 4 cups
Ginger - 1 inch
Spinach Pulp - 1 cup
Garlic - 5 cloves
Salt per taste
Oil for frying
Method of preparation
1 Wash the spinach. Roughly chop the spinach, ginger and garlic.
2 Add spinach, ginger and garlic to a blender. Grind well to a fine pulp (approx - 1 cup)
3 Add salt to the flour. Add 2 tsp oil
4 Knead the flour adding this palak mixture to form a soft dough (similar to the dough we prepare for roti/puri etc).
5 Pinch out small balls. Roll between your palms to make smooth balls.
6 Roll them to form small puris.
7 Heat oil in a deep Kadhai/Pan. When hot, drop the puris' one by one. Deep fry the Puri's on both sides. Remove to a paper towel.
Serving Tips
Serve hot with your choice of curry.
Notes
Make sure the oil hot before you drop the Puri's into it. Else it will not puff up.
Other Names
Palak Puri - Spinach Puri, Palak - Spinach.

12 comments:

Prema said...

healthy puri luks perfect,love the pics...

Sulagna said...

Looks so very tempting ...I'm drooling over here ...

Deepi's World said...

Lovely click!!! Palak puri looks yummy...

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Beautiful color of puris...Nice clicks
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

aipi said...

Yumm!!great looking puris..my fav!!

http://usmasala.blogspot.com/

Suja Manoj said...

Wow..so nice, unique recipe,tempting clicks.

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Great combo and looks yummy and healthy...

swapna said...

healthy and yummy...

My Kitchen Antics said...

hello there...thanks fro dropping by my blog..u have a nice space here...love the puris..and spinach is my current fav :)

Satya said...

wow palak puris looks gorgeous ...i love spinach ,but never try try for puris ...thanks dear for sharing this super yummy puris ...

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Satrupa said...

Thank you every one for leaving your comments.
A special thanks to my friend Neetu who prepared the Puris and shared the recipe with us.

Unknown said...

Palak Puris are so tasty nd gud for our health.I never used to eat palak directly ,but this is really a nice idea to have it !!

Post a Comment