Thursday, September 16, 2010

Muli Paratha


My runny nose is now a stuffy nose. I have been popping in pills the entire day but no relief. Logged into my blog and was pleased to see so many wishes from my loving blog friends ..... that made me feel a little better as I read through them sipping a cup of hot ginger tea. I have lost my appetite because of these pills. But I started getting hungrier after reading through all these yummilicious recipes. But staring at the laptop did no good to me ...... stuffy nose + headache !!

I crawled back into the bed and rubbed some Vicks Vaporub on my nose ....... but no instant relief. That only happens in the Vaporub Ad ........ wished I could sue the company. Tried sleeping for sometime but no luck. Woke up with heavy head and body ache. J made some nice hot ginger tea again ..... he has been very patient with me today. Dunked Parle G into the hot tea and ate away ..... yah it was time again to pop in a pill.
Today's dinner is Maggi ....... can't dump this comfort food that I have been having since ages. No, I am not posting the Maggi recipe ..... it's there on the wrapper.
It's time to post Muli Paratha .... it's been sitting on my draft for ages .....


Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Serves - 2
Ingredients
Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Grated Muli - 2 cups
Grated Garlic - 2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 pinch
Salt per taste
Butter for spreading
Method of Preparation
1 Take the grated muli and squeeze the muli juice out by pressing it in your hands. Keep the muli juice.
2 Knead the flour like you do for roti and plain paratha using the muli juice and water. You may add a little salt and oil to the wheat flour while kneading. Cover with a wet cloth and keep aside.
3 Drizzle a little oil in a pan. Add grated garlic and fry for a minute.
4 Then add the grated muli to it and fry for 5 minutes. Add salt, cumin, coriander and red chili powder and fry for another 3 minutes till there is no moisture left. Add lemon juice and mix well.
5 Remove to another dish and let it cool.
6 Pinch out balls from the kneaded dough. Make a small cup and stuff the muli into it. Close from all sides.
7 Dust these filled balls with some flour and roll out to make parathas.
8 Heat a tawa and cook the paratha equally on both sides. Spread a little butter or ghee on the partha.
Serving Tips
Serve warm with yogurt or with raita.
Notes
Make sure the dough is not very watery or soft, else it will be difficult to roll the paratha.
Other Names
Muli Paratha - Stuffed Radish flat bread, Muli - Radish, Cumin - Jeera, Coriander - Dhaniya, Wheat Flour - Atta.

26 comments:

aipi said...

Parathas look lovely..cute presentation :)

US Masala

Sulagna said...

I hope you feel better soon..I looove the photos and the cute faces made out of Muli.Great recipe !!
Take care

Sulagna
http://e-senseofspicenfragrance-sulagna.blogspot.com/

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Satrupa
So you are enjoying a stuffy nose and all the irritations associated with it??...thats good!!! and it will be very good when the nose clears up...just wait , take bit of water vapor 3-4 times a day ( if you have a nasal drop handy nothing like that .)
I like this presentation and those 2 cute dolls , I think I will eat both of them as a starter.
Jaldi jaldi bhala hei jiba

Ushnish Bhai

Prathima Rao said...

Such a cute presentation!

Unknown said...

Wow presentation looks soo pretty...mooli paratha looks very tempting...soft and perfect

Pushpa said...

Parathas look perfect...I love to eat it with some achar and yogurt...

Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

Lav said...

Look yumm....beautiful presentation

Lavanya

www.lavsblog.com

My Kitchen Antics said...

radish paratha...interesting!!!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

excellent clicks...will surely try this n tag you in...

Tasty appetite

Suji said...

Hope you are feeling better now Satrupa..

I never made this myself, but i have a friend who makes awesome mooli paraths :-P
Your looks fantastic...

Suja Manoj said...

Cute presentation..looks so yummy..
hope you are better now.

Deepi's World said...

Love the cute little decoration on the plate but what I more enjoyed is the writeup. Hope you are feeling better now.Take care.

Torviewtoronto said...

flavourful delicious

Satya said...

lucky gal ,ur hubby is so nice ..he is taking a good care of u ..this is the real time to be pampered ..hehehe ..anyways take rest n get well soonnn...those paraths looks very soft n delicious ...love the radish man beside those yummy paraths ..lol

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Nitha said...

Lovely paratha..Wonderful presentation..

Soma said...

a nice recipe presented in a very cute way! The kids will love this.

Elaichii said...

Cute Muli faces and wonderful paratha!

Akila said...

looks yummy.... muli faces also cute looking....

http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com

PreeOccupied said...

I have never seen more pretty looking muli ke parathe. Hope you feel better soon.

SavithaRaj's Spice Land said...

Hope you are feeling better,nice paratha..this is savitha from SavithaRaj's Spice Land..

Sushma Mallya said...

Looks so yum...loved the way you have presented it

Joyti said...

Awww, those are sooo cute!

Treat and Trick said...

Simple and yummy, love the decoration, hope you are well now..

Priya Suresh said...

Cute presentation and awesome looking parathas...take care of u Satrupa..

Hayley said...

Cute presentation..Mooli paratha looks yummy..TC! same here pills are taking my hunger away too..

Satrupa said...

Thanks everyone for adoring the cute muli faces n not to forget for loving my muli paratha.

Post a Comment