Friday, September 3, 2010

Paneer Bhurji .....



Can you guess what happened yesterday night ? I was overwhelmed watching 'Food Network' for almost the entire day. So when it was time to prepare dinner I played a 'pretend and guess game' in my kitchen with J. Not that he was interested or amused by what I was doing .
I would pretend and talk like Rachel Ray, Aarti Paarti, Paula ...... and J had to guess it. He didn't even have a clue who those guys are ! But I felt like I was a forth coming 'Food Network Star'.

Well well ..... I know I was crazy and I am no star ! And can you stop smiling please .....
May I suggest you something ..... try doing this in your kitchen for once. It is so much fun.
Yah I know I am a little juvenile ..... whatever !!

But for now try this Paneer Bhurji .... trust me it's a treat in no time.


Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Serves - 3
Ingredients
Fresh Cottage Cheese - 1 cup
Chopped Onion - 1/3 cup
Chopped Garlic - 1 tsp
Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
Chopped Tomato - 1/2 cup
Chopped Green Chili - 1 tsp
Green Peas - 1/3 cup
Turmeric - 1 pinch
Red Chili powder - 1 pinch
Garam Masala - 1 pinch
Chopped Cilantro - 1 tsp
Salt per taste
Oil for cooking
Method of Preparation
1 Drizzle a little bit of oil on a pan. Add the chopped green chilies, chopped garlic and ginger. Fry for two minutes.
2 Add the chopped onions. Sprinkle a little salt. Saute till the onions are translucent. Now add the chopped tomatoes and green peas. Add a pinch of turmeric. Fry till the tomatoes get tender.
3 Mix the cottage cheese to this and mix well. Add little more salt now.
4 Add a pinch of garam masala just before removing from the flame.
5 Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serving Tips
Serve warm with phulka or paratha.
Notes
Do not over fry the cottage cheese.
Variation
Add green peas is optional.
Other Names
Cilantro - Coriander

Happy to share this recipe with Letz Relishh Paneer event.




23 comments:

Sulagna said...

Nice ..I make paneer bhurji a lot..It's done in no time and is super yummy !!

Deepi's World said...

Tempting click !! Will be making it tomorrow for lunch..like this jhat-pat recipe...simple, quick and delicious

Unknown said...

Pics are not laoding for me :( paneer burgi is on my todo list for long...have to try it out

Satya said...

hey satrupa ,
this paneer bhurji looks wonderful dear ...beautiful color n texture ...i never made paneer bhurji ...must try this ...thanks dear

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Akila said...

looks lovely dear...

http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

I really could not stop giggling reading the post Satrupa. but the paneer bhurjee looks super yummy.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...Satrupa,
Paneer bhurji looks gorgeous...!! such a nice color and very tempting...!

Thanx for sending this adpoly recipe dear...!
Keep sending more of your yummyies..!

Best regards,
Jay

Ms.Chitchat said...

Superb paneer burji,never tried burji with paneer.Thanks for sharing. Btw,enjoyed the write-up.

Suji said...

Yummy burji with paneer, Looks perfect...

Sushma Mallya said...

Paneer bhurji is one of my fav too as its so simple yet so tasty....lovely clicks satrupa...

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Extremely tasty and looks perfect dear...

aipi said...

Love paneer in any form..Bhurji looks fabulous!!

US Masala

Torviewtoronto said...

this looks delicious I make an omelette like this with cottage cheese
thank you for visiting and commenting
following you as well
see you soon

Prerna@IndianSimmer said...

Thanks for your wonderful and kind words Satrupa and thanks for introducing me to your space!
Looking forward to knowing and learning more from you.

Hayley said...

we love anything with paneer...pics looks great! BTW I'm first time here..following you..please do visit me, when time permits..

Elaichii said...

Beautiful colors and great looking burji!

www.elaichii.blogspot.com

My Kitchen Antics said...

love the burji..and with paneer even better

Priya Suresh said...

Just love anything with paneer, irresistible bhurji..yummy..

Unknown said...

Reminds my mom..she cooks it too good..still I didn't get that taste in my hand....

First time here...Loved your space...will be in touch with you....

culinary tours worldwide said...

dear vi nice ur blogger
i like ur recipes im also hospitality industry

Suja Manoj said...

Paneer burji is my favorite too..delicious and yummy.

Satrupa said...

Thanks a ton everyone for dropping by n leaving those sweet words.

Unknown said...




very yummy and perfect ... looking awesome looks so inviting n tempting too..
resturent menu order

Post a Comment