Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Best out of Waste ...... Showcasing my junk !!


"Out of sight and out of mind" ...... that was the fate of some of my junk jewelleries. But I was happy to re-discover these 'priced' possessions of mine during my Diwali cleaning. I had been looking out for a jewelry stand/ holder for a long time. Most of those I spotted were either out of my budget or not of my taste.
So I decided to make one myself ......

Materials Needed

1 A Photo frame - Since I was experimenting, I went ahead to the Dollar store to get a cheap one
( 1.06 $ with taxes to be precise)
2 Gunny Bag - Used the reverse side of an empty rice sack ( 0$ + the joy of Recycling)
3 Cardboard - Can use any old packing, I used the pizza one. (0$ + joy of Recycling)
4 Acrylic Paint & Paint Brush - I used my old ones
5 Glue - Any glue you have at home

Do it Yourself


1 Cut the cardboard to the size of the photo frame.
2 Cut the gunny bag and paste it on the cardboard to cover it.
3 Frame it in the photo frame.
4 Paint some motifs on the frame to decorate it. (You can use glasses/ beads etc to decorate it)
5 Let the paint dry.



J says it's nice ......but let me know what you think about it.

27 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

U r very creative Satrupa..Hats off to u dear..

Suji said...

IT looks very nice, I was just thinking of buying a new earring holder and this is def i am going to do Satrupa. You wont believe the number of earring I have :-P

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Very creative indeed!

Nandita SS said...

It's such an innovative way to exhibit the jewellery. Just lovely :)

aipi said...

that actually is a very nice idea..looks really pretty..am loving your earrings collection :)

US Masala

Suja Manoj said...

Very creative dear..looks nice,lovely:)

Ragini Miranda's Kitchen said...

Amazing !! very creative !! love it !!

My Kitchen Antics said...

it looks awesome...really creative

Prema said...

too gud idea satrupa,very creative...

Margaret Murphy Tripp said...

Very Cute....I love it! And I love your earrings too!

Unknown said...

Too gud...u r soo creative

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Wow they are goregous and I love ur earring collections as well.

Elaichii said...

Wow thatz super cute!

Sujana said...

Wow... I loved your creative idea... will surely be of use in future...
This is my first visit to your blog and I loved it...

Sujana

vandana rajesh said...

very creative and beautiful...will get my daughter to try it out!!

Anu said...

wow it looks so different and so good!!its a great creativity!!!

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Oh my God what a conincidence I also have made a simiar one last year. I have hung it though. love the neatness of your work. very good work dear. hope to see some more from you.

Deepi's World said...

Simple,creative and a good way to organize!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Good one, Satrupa..Hats off to your creativity!!

Panchpakwan said...

Wow this is so useful...so natural..
Loved it..and you got cute earring collection..

PreeOccupied said...

Nice is an understatement! It is VERY nice, my dear girl. Now you have been bitten by the creative bug. I love your earrings.

Satrupa said...

Thanks everyone for your generous feedback. It definitely motivates me to go on .....

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Awesome ! Great job!

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Creativity at its best!

Recipeswap said...

so creative and totally useful.

Unknown said...

This is one neat idea, my daughter would love this, in fact she needs something like this to keep her stuff organized. - Rekha

blogger by nyt :) said...

i lov it..........its d job of a genius

Post a Comment