Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Women ... Chocolates and Jealously !



'Frailty, thy name is woman' was quoted by Shakespeare.
When we talk of the fairer sex, there are few things that are generic to them ..... one of them for sure is their love for chocolates and the other one 'Jealousy'.
And then somebody else quoted 'Women thy name is Jealousy'. I know it's a sensitive statement especially when it comes from a woman. How do I know if it's true .... well I am a woman !! And who better can judge me than myself.
I would be lying if I tell you that I am not jealous of the girl next door with a perfect figure. And to match up to her I struggle to hide my love handles and muffin top under my layers of cloth.
I do envy my friends who have servants to do their errands while they file their nails and change their nail paints, who have chauffeur driven cars (Not to mention the brand of car) and who have all the time in the world to go for kitty parties.
I hate the rookie in my office who comes from some A grade Business School and draws a fatter salary than me.
For me the list can go on ...... but I don't want to note them all and make myself look like a crook.

And if you are a guy and rejoicing this write up .... it's high time you do a reality check . What did you think of the other guy who owned an iPad 2 in the first week of it's launch or of your friend who's girlfriend is prettier than yours ??



So I leave it on you to ponder if Jealously is normal or evil ..... but don't you stray away before checking my new post. It is so easy that a rookie in the kitchen can also master it. And you can make it in your own kitchen without getting jealous :-)

Preparation Time 30 minutes
Serves - 6

Ingredients
Dark Chocolate- 3.5 oz
Butter - 1/3 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1cup
Whole Eggs - 2
Egg Yolks - 2
Flour-2/3 cup
1 tbsp Liquor Per Ramekin (optional) I used coffee liquor because coffee brings out the chocolate's taste even more.


Method of Preparation
1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2
Greeze 6 small ramekins with oil and place on cookie sheet.
Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for about 1 minute, until butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is also melted.
3 Cool down the chocolate else you will end up getting scrambled eggs.
4 Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.Add liquor.
5 Divide between cups.
6 Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. (The timing may vary depending on your oven)
Take it out of the oven and let it stand for a minute.
Invert cakes on dishes and decorate a little if you want.


Serving Tips
Serve with ice cream. You may also serve it with whipped cream.

28 comments:

Deepi's World said...

Oh it's look awesome and still thinking about the write up... jealousy is evil or normal... but it is a waste of time for sure... blinding and indulging too.

divya said...

gorgeous click... love it...

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Loved reading your write up...For me jealousy is normal(agreed)....But its not only for women(cannot agree at all :))....
Awesome recipe dear....nice clicks too...

aipi said...

So ooey- gooey- hands down my most fav dessert of all time!
US Masala

Elaichii said...

So chocolatey! yummy! slurp!

Cake Magic said...

Hey welcome back.. You know I like ur photograph than ur cooking.. U are really doung a grt job.. I will say Mickey to make this..

chef and her kitchen said...

That chocolate oozing out from cake is quite delicious..would love 2 eat this right away

Unknown said...

Looks delicious

Priya Suresh said...

Tat gooey chocolate tempts me a lot...Wat a fantastic clicks...

lubnakarim06 said...

Nice read....love that title....i am all in for that chocolate pot recipe....feel like grabbing the ramekin right now....

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

lovely presentation dear with rocking clicks..:)
Tasty Appetite

GB said...

I love those pictures! Don't tempt me with chocolate, that lovey gooey center. Oh yumm.

Nitha said...

Love the chocolate here and now I am jealous of you :D

Ramya said...

My my...I am totally head over heals over ur chocolate treat:-)
Awesome clicks!!

Prema said...

Yummy chocolatii,luks very tempting...

Suja Manoj said...

Slurp!chocolaty..perfect and yummy,awesome clicks.

Rani acharyulu said...

Wow,awesome pictures.Chocolate looks absolutely delicious.

Suji said...

eeey Good to see you back satrupa and this is simply gorgeous!!!

HGourmet Foodie said...

Beautiful write up!!! and of course the impecable presenation of this simple dish!!!!

Prerna@IndianSimmer said...

The cake looks really good! It always shines no matter the occasion. Not sure if you adapted it from Indian Simmer but if you did then please send me a photo n link so that I can share it the "Indian Simmer in your kitchen series".
Hugs!

Simones Kitchen said...

It looks very pretty and I actually might get jealous because you made it look so lovely! Lol... I do think we all get jealous at times. Both men and women!

Baba said...

Your writing is as lovely as the beautiful cake you have presented. It looks asif it was written by a master columnist. Do keep up writing on different issues and post them for publication in some good dailies. May be you can try writing as a regular columnist. good luck. dad

Torviewtoronto said...

beautifully done colourful presentation

Satya said...

hi satrupa
this chocolate wonder looks awesome....perfect clicks ... mouthwatering

I am doing fine and indeed I am enjoying life in India with my MIL : ) I blog less nowdays as I have less time on my hands compared to US but I can be closer to mom and family members...there is a marraige too to attend this month ... so busy shopping lately : )

So enjoying life as it comes...


Super Yummy Recipes

Unknown said...

Don't worry....ure not the only one that has jealousy issues. Find me one woman who doesn't and I'll give you a pot of gold. Lava cake looks delicious as usual :)

Sunanda said...

Wow! it looks so tempting...First time in your blog..nice space you have with wonderful collection of recipes..
happy to follow u..Do drop by my space when u get time..
Sunanda's Kitchen

Unknown said...

i think according to me, jealously is def is a part of everyone's life, depends on much priority we give to it cake is heavenly and u did make me go green for having indulged everything by urself ;)

Satrupa said...

Thank you everyone .... I loved reading your comments and I think we all are jealous of things at one time or the other. It is perfectly humane to be jealous as long as we don't hurt others ! And certainly its not limited to women ... Men are jealous too !!

Post a Comment