Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Banana Split Milk Shake

Banana is not my favorite fruit. I like mango better than banana. Still I eat bananas more often .... would be rather appropriate if I say that I drink bananas. Now that it is summer, I make a variety of milk shakes with bananas and every time I prepare it I add some extra flavor with some ice cream.
With the temperature shooting up and with kids at home,it sure becomes a challenge for even the smartest mom. But there is always a chill pill !!
So for all those smart moms who are always in the search of camouflaging food and feeding their little devils, here is a double treat .... Milk and Bananas.
And not to forget the adults ....... they love it too.

So here goes my first blog on drinks dedicated to all the lovely kids and their moms.

Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Serves - 2
Ingredients
Chilled Milk - 1.5 glasses
Ripe Banana - 1
Honey - 3 tsp
Ice cream - Any Flavor
Method of Preparation
1 Combine Milk, honey and a few scoops (2 to 3) of ice cream.
2 Whip in a blender for 2 minutes
Serving Tips
Add ice to the bottom of the glass (optional tough as the milk is already chill). Pour the whipped banana milk shake to fill 3/4 of the glass. Scoop ice cream and float on top of the drink. I have used Banana Split ice cream. You may also top it up with some whipped cream and decorate with cut fruits of ur choice.
Variation
Use sugar instead of honey if you wish.
Use any fruity flavor of ice cream - Strawberry, Banana etc. Vanilla is also a great option.











0 comments:

Post a Comment