Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chili Chicken

The 'Lazy Bug' had bit me hard ...... happens to me once in a while. I decided to hibernate for few days, which turned out to be little over a week. Now I have a long list of pending stuff that needs my attention ..... huh ! So I have decided to pen them down here. Don't you raise an eyebrow ..... I know its not of your interest to know about my pending stuff. Really ?? Who doesn't like to peek into the life of others ......... (evil grin). Don't you log into twitter trying to follow even damn soul ? Not to forget Face Book ....... you are considered an outcast if you don't have one.
Ufff ....... I have again drifted from my objective. So now my list of things that are crying out for my attention.
1. Cleaning my closet (J's included).
2. Laundry.
3. Check what's lurking in the kitchen and cleaning my pantry.
4. Plan the menu for the Halloween Party.
5. Decide on my and J's Halloween Costumes.
6. Complete one of the DIY projects that I began last month.
7. Finish writing my New Hampshire Travelogue.

Needless to say ...... these are included along with the daily chores. I know you can't help me in completing all this stuff but you can definitely help me in one ......


How about suggesting me a Halloween Party Menu for a crowd of 20 (kids included) ? Make sure it needs less work but leaves my guests go ga ga about the food.

Now time to nurse my neglected blog ........ hope you enjoy the Chili Chicken Recipe.



Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Serves - 4
Ingredients
Boneless Chicken Thighs - 1 pound
Dry Red Chili - 2
Bell Pepper - 1/2 cup diced
Onion - 1/2 cup diced
Egg - 1
Corn Flour - 1 tsp
Crushed black Pepper - 1 tsp
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Chili Garlic Sauce - 2 tsp
Chinese Salt - 2 pinches
Salt per taste

Sugar - 1 pinch
Oil for cooking
Method of Cooking
1 Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Wash and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Add egg , corn flour, pinch of
chinese salt and a pinch of salt. Mix well to coat the chicken pieces. Heat oil in a kadhai, deep fry and keep aside.
2 In a skillet, heat some oil. Add the dry red chilies. Add the onions and bell pepper and fry for 5 minutes till the onions look transparent.
3 Add the soy sauce, salt and a pinch of
Chinese salt and pinch of sugar. Stir fry for 2 minutes.Add the chili garlic sauce and mix well.
4 Combine the fried chicken pieces with the onion and bell pepper sauce mix. Stir fry for some time. Add a pinch of crushed pepper.
Serving Tips
Serve warm
Notes
Chinese should be cooked at high flame. Make sure you stir well to avoid burning the food.
Variation
Add Cashew nuts if you want. If you want the chili chicken with a little gravy, mix 1/2 tsp of corn flour to water and add it to the end product and simmer for a minute.
Other Names
Chili Chicken - Indo Chinese Chili Chicken, Bell Pepper - Capsicum, Chinese Salt - Ajinomoto.




22 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi dear,

Dats such a delight to my eyes dear..Love chicken...

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Treat and Trick said...

Easy and yummy dish, thanks for sharing..

Unknown said...

Nothing can come near to chilli chicken...so delicious looking

Sushma Mallya said...

my fav one,spicy and delicious...

Unknown said...

My favorite..Looks delicious!!

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

its always hectic before the puja...so much of cleaning and decorations...also have to make sweets and savories for bijaya dashami...but in between this if you can manage such a delightful chill chicken...you get more enthusiasm.right?

Unknown said...

The chicken looks nice and succulent...well made...first time on yur space...loved the recipes here....will be visiting often now...

Priya Suresh said...

Mouthwatering chilli chicken, simply irresistible!

My Kitchen Antics said...

absolutely love chilli chicken

Suji said...

Awesome chilli chicken satrupa....

Akila said...

looks so spicy and inviting dear...

http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com

regards,
Akila

Suja Manoj said...

Looks awesome..spicy and delicious

Satya said...

chilli chicken looks so delicious ....

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

aipi said...

Crispy and spicy! this one is my bro's absolute fav chicken dish!

US Masala

Torviewtoronto said...

bell pepper is a delicious addition yummy

Nisha said...

Your space is really lovely , see you again

Prerna@IndianSimmer said...

Wow, My all time favorite! This is one of the few dishes my dad taught me how to make so it has a special place :-)
Love your recipe!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

love the chili chicken! This with some hakka noodles and fried rice would be a perfect menu for any party! Easy and kid friendly too!

Satrupa said...

Thanks every one for dropping by :)

Anju Rathore said...

it looks delicious.

Unknown said...

WoW!! Its so Yummy-Yummy.I loved it,nice presentation.

Kannan said...

Good recipe.

Post a Comment