What ?? Yes I believe in Santa. Of course he lives in the North Pole with his elves. Now he is busy reading the wish list of kids ....... also people who refuse to grow up ... count me in that category !! I didn't want to be the last moment person. Last Christmas I had to FedEx it in the eleventh hour. So this year I did post my wish list to him much in advance ...... I am sure he would be reading my list now :-)
So, have you guys hung your stockings and sent Santa your wish list. NO !! Then hurry up. I know it is bad manners to read the letters of others .......... but I don't mind sharing my letter to Santa with you guys ! After all there should not be any secrets between friends, isn't it.
My Dearest Santa,
Thanks for dropping through my chimney last year. This year I promise to keep the front door open for you ....... that way it won't me much of an inconvenience to you. I know you had a very difficult time squeezing yourself through the chimneys last year and had sprained an ankle too.
I am glad you and your elves liked the milk and cookies I served last year. No, I didn't bake them ...... they were store bought. It's much cheaper and convenient to pick them up from the stores .So I kind of settled down with them. Let me know if you want to carry some back for Mrs Claus ....... I shall pack some for her.
I got to know that you were pretty bored with the cookies and milk ...... So this year I decided to make something different for you ...... "Chocolate Dipped Strawberries with some wine" I know you will love it. There will be enough for you and your elves. But you have to look for them inside the fridge ....... I can't leave them by the chimney else the chocolates will start dripping and the strawberries may go bad. Sure they are going to be home made. I will also leave the recipe for you ...... in case you want Mrs Claus to try it back home.
Now before I forget ........ here's my wish list. Unlike last year this time it's much simpler. I am not like that fussy kid next door who wants a hippopotamus for Christmas !
1. A solitaire diamond ring from Tiffany .... ( Grin )
2. A nice pair of sandal from Jimmy Choo, It's US size 36 to be specific.
3. Like you always know, I have been longing for a Louis Vuitton Clutch ..... In case you don't have time for hopping between places, pick one from Jimmy Choo. I will manage.
4. Well I would also like a nice black dress ........ well you and Mrs Claus can take a call where to buy that from. I am OK with it.
Last year my husband complained about not including his list ........ so I really can't afford to miss out his this year. Well, he has a much simpler list ...... in fact just one thing, An Omega watch.
You don't have to make all the efforts to go to the stores or send your elves either, It's much simpler these days ..... order them online.
By the way I forgot asking about Rudolph .... hope that guy is all geared up.
Looking forward to seeing you soon ...........
Here's the recipe that I would be sharing with Mrs Claus ...... it's super duper easy !
Preparation Time 40 minutes
Strawberries with leaves - 1 pound (about 20)
Semi Sweet Chocolate - 6 ounces
White Chocolate - 3 ounces
Method of Preparation
1. Wash and dry the strawberries very well. Make sure there is no moisture on it.
2. Put the semi sweet and white chocolates into two heat proof medium bowl.
3. Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)
4. Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat.
5. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries
6. Dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
7. Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.